Monday, July 1, 2019

Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Hello Scrappy Friends

The July challenge at Off the Rails Scrapbooking Facebook Group is Recycle
No photo description available.

We all have a ton of things sitting around that we have saved for a rainy day, well this month is that rainy day, lol.

I had started a Travelers Notebook album in a no brand journal purchased from the local Art Supplies store.  It has a kraft coloured cover and cream/ivory pages.

I had yet to do anything about the cover, but when I came across the packaging from some Prima stickers, I knew it was time!!  The packaging was the perfect size, so I grabbed some bits and bobs from my scrap drawer including some patterned paper, a small piece of tissue paper, an offcut of lace trim, a small piece of butter muslin, a clothing tag and a branding strip from Kaisercraft Wandering Ivy collection.  To finish I added some stickers, and some wood veneer butterflies.


I started by distressing all the edges of the packaging and the patterned paper I was going to use.


Next, I covered the tag with a piece of patterned paper, added some lace trim, further patterned paper strip,  a scallop border sticker, a diecut heart, some small heart stickers and a wood veneer butterfly - tag finished!!


Next I played with the layering of the papers, and muslin until I was happy with the arrangement

I then placed it all on the packaging.


To finish I stapled the tag to the packaging, and added stickers, the branding strip and a wood veneer butterfly.


A great way to a) create a cover for my Travellers Notebook, and b) Recycle some packaging, as well as use up some scraps.

Do you have an idea that you will be sharing with us in our Facebook Group?  I truly hope so!!

Thanks for stopping by,

See you real soon
Deb xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx