Thursday, February 7, 2019

Off the Rails February Challenge

Hi There

The challenge for February at Off the Rails Scrapbooking Group on Facebook is Recycle!


There are so many ways to look and create with this challenge.

I have chosen to completer an Art Journal page using some clothing tags I have hoarded, for reasons unknown, lol
I started by brushing clear gesso over my journal page and when dry I randomly spread some Ranger Distress Collage Medium Crazing onto the page as well.  I then pressed some bubble wrap into the crazing medium and set aside to dry.
I then took a few clothing tags and applied white gesso quite thickly over them, and when dry applied a second layer. Also at this time I used  some Lindys Stamp Gang spray in Plumeria Pink to colour some medical gauze.
When the crazing medium was dry I channelled my inner Marta and dripped my watercolour palette onto the page. Whilst waiting for that to dry I took my tags and some Lindys Magicals and randomly sprinkled Oom pa pa pink,  Magnolia magenta gold and Time travel teal over the tags and then spritzed with water mopping up any puddles with paper towel.  To finish the tags I stamped an old script stamp with black ink.   On the square tag, I took a 13 @rts stencil and texture paste and when dry sprinkled the same colour Magicals over the tag.
The page went together really well and to finish off I added a piece of lace and some 13 @rts clear stickers.









Image may contain: text
I do hope you check out our Facebook Group and enter the challenge and you could win this months prize kindly donated by Simply Stamping with Narelle


Thanks for stopping by

Deb xx










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx