Saturday, June 11, 2011

Challenge #4 My Scraproom Rules

Posted by Picasa
Week 4 of My Scraproom Rules at Scrapping Outback was a doozy :)  We had to create a Macaron Tower in the shape of a mini album, thanks to the fabulously talented Joanne Bain.

We had to use Websters Pages pp's from the kit, or any pp's to our liking, cardstock, chipboard adorned with some form of wet media, at least 5 flowers, lace, 3 ribbon bows, a metal trinket, and any other supplies to make it a tower.  The mini had to have a front and back cover and at least 3 inside pages.

   I used all of the above plus more including left overs from the previous challenge kits as the pp's matched perfectly.

So after hiding in the corner for some time, I came up with the following album.  I love it, I hope that the judges at SO love it as much :)
 The Scrapping Outback chipboard title was glimmermisted with Scarlet, and then topped with Glossy Accents.  I also cut the flowers off the title to use elsewhere in the album.  As you can also see, the lace was used down the front right hand edge, as well as a flower and a ribbon bow
 The inside of the album was made from white cardstock and I decided to go with the tabbed design, upon which I placed each word from the title.
I distressed and inked almost all the edges.
 Pages 1 and 2 contain 2 quotes and a pic of Samuel.  I have also used one of the offcut flowers from the title, glimmermisted with Sunflower, and with a rolled centre adorned with Kindyglitz for sparkle.  There is also a ribbon bow on page 1.
 Pages 3 and 4 have 2 quotes, leading into Mitchell's page.  There is also a flower on page 3.
 Pages 5 and 6 are of Mitchell and contain another quote along with a flower,
 Pages 7 and 8 are of my great nephew Mason, and have a quote, the left over lace, the metal trinket (a flower) and a diecut flower.

 Pages 9 and 10 are of DH, again with a quote and a metal heart charm and ribbon bow, as well as a Scrapping Outback heart flourish glimmermisted with Scarlet and dotted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.  There is also a glimmermisted flower offcut.
Pages 11 and 12 have a quote and a long stemmed rose, along with a spot to place a family pic (when I get one).  There is also a glimmermisted smaller heart flourish from SO.


So, that is it, my mini album for the MSR competition at Scrapping Outback.

Monday, challenge #5 is announced and from the sneak peaks - it is gonna be one super bright and funky layout.  Cant wait :)

Catch ya all soon
Deb xox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx