Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Off the Rails November Challenge



Hello there friends

Long time no see :(  Things have been very hectic for me of recent times and scrapping had to take a back seat until I had it all sorted - it is now!!

The November challenge at Off the Rails Facebook group is a beautiful one:  Boho.  All very foreign to me, but I had a go anyway to show that you can take a challenge and achieve something that you will love :)

Just look at those gorgeous colours :)

No photo description available.



I decided to do an art journal page in my small Dylusions journal using Paper Artsy products - Fresco paints and Tracy Scott stencils and stamps.  (by the way I have an addiction to all things Paper Artsy - especially Tracy Scott stamps and stencils)

I started by gathering my supplies, and laid down a base of pastel colours - Mermaid, Guacamole, Peach Nectar and Rose.  I then took Tracy's stencil PS111 and used a baby wipe to wipe of some of the colour.  I did each colour at a time and dried between each lift.






Next I took Tracy stencil PS160 and using the same paint colours, I applied the paint through the geometric designs


After I was happy with the stencilled layers, I took a Kaisercraft stamp from the Gypsy Rose set and created a large circle in the centre of the pages
This stamp is a semi circle, so I just stamped it back to back with black archival ink.
Next I took the face from Tracy's ETS17 stamp set, inked it up, very gingerly laid it on my page and pressed it down

Then to decide what to do with the stamp - leave it as it is or colour it.  I have never coloured a stamp before, let alone a face so I stamped the image again onto a plain piece of paper and took my Fresco paint in Chalk, and a very fine paintbrush, and had a go!!  It turned out beautifully, if I must say so myself, so I bit the bullet and painted the face.
I had coloured the eyes and lips in my practice image but decided that I liked the patterns showing through so left those as is.

 I used a Kinder Kreations feather stencil and black paint to create a dreamcatcher with the circle stamp.  

After this had dried, I I finished off with some stamping in black ink and white paint using the flower stamp from the face images set (ETS17) and a small scribble flower from the JOFY76 set.  I also used a scribble stamp and JOFY small alphabet stamp, and a small co-joined diamond pattern stamp from the Kaisercraft set.

To finish off I added more white with a gel pen, drawing over the feathers of the dreamcatcher and filling in some of the diamonds on the stamp, and finishing off with a gold Posca pen detail on the flowers.  I used the quote from the Gypsy Rose set for a title.





If you have got this far, I thank you :)

Let me know what you think

Till next time
Deb xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx