Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Off the Rails August Challenge Reveal

Hello Friends

I am over on the Off The Rails Scrapbooking blog with an Art Journal tutorial featuring the fabulous August challenge.



I have gone with the colour scheme and the geometrics of the tribal theme.

I have used strips of plaster tape (from Hubby's shed) and mixed media tape on the bare page and then sealed the page with clear gesso.  I took a number of Kaisercraft paint tubes in pastel colours and  3 colours of Finnabair Artalchemy Metallique acrylic paints, and using a palette knife smooshed them all over the primed page.

Once dry, I dry brushed a thin layer of white gesso over the paint.  In hindsight I wish I hadnt done that as it took away the gorgeous shimmer of the metallique paints - lesson learned there!

I then took a couple of different stamps, A Fiskars chevron stamp and a Crafter Companion distressed double circle one and using black ink randomly stamped the background.

Once all this was dry I took a Kaisercraft 6x6 Tribal stencil and using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and Inka Gold in various pastel colours, stencilled merrily all over the page.  I tried to make sure I covered some of the stamping as I felt the black was too visible (another lesson learnt).




To finish off I added my quote and some white ink splatters, and there you have it!



Thanks for stopping by today

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx