Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scrapbook Challenges

Use your Stash! cyber party is in full swing.

Ilene's challenges are:

1. to dig out those eyelets. You know, those little round things from way back when. I remember I even had a little hammer for those (before upgrading to my awesome Crop-a-Dile). Those little eyelets used to be so cool, one would see them on all the LO's. And where have they gone now? You know, I still have a million, some in all the colors of the rainbow and then some.But just because they're old and out of style doesn't mean they can't be made to look awesome! So I challenge you to make a LO/project/mini/altered item - anything! - using at LEAST 10 eyelets. Here's my example and the RAK I put together that you can win for participating. RAK contents: A pack of Maya Road ribbon, a pack of MR fibers, MR sheer houses keychain, a Heidi Swapp sheet of arrow stickers, Making Memories Vintage Findings: mini kit, blossoms, and vellum envelopes

2. Remember waaaaay back when, when those cute Prima Got Flowers bottles came out? They were the greatest thing since sliced bread and no could get enough of them. I know I couldn't. I loaded up and well...I still have that load :) Well ladies, time to unload! I challenge you to make a layout/altered item/project/mini/anything you want using those little Prima flowers.Don't have any of those left? (You lucky you). You can still play along - use any old flowers/buttons/little embellies along those lines you have laying around. Again, I want to see At LEAST 10!The RAK for participating on this challenge is Maya Road stamps (jasmine blossoms) and Maya Road rubons (9 sheets).

And Debi:

1. We all have stuff in our stash that we just 'had to have' only to have it sit there and not be used. We mean to use them, but they are just sitting there being passed over in favor of the new HOT thing. For this challenge I want you to dig THREE of those items out of your stash now and use them on a layout! The prize for this challenge will be given by random draw -- to get an extra entry in the drawing, use a technique on your layout that takes you out of your comfort zone!

2. For this challenge I want you to dig into your sticker stash and use them on a layout. Now, I'm thinking about those flat stickers that we don't like to admit we have in our stash -- you know the ones....those old Mrs. Grossman's style stickers that we've been holding onto for goodness knows what reason! Well, it's finally time to do something with them! Find a creative, unique way to use them on your page...Make a border with them....Decorate a tag.... use them en masse to fill in a doodled or hand drawn shape...Cover a piece of paper with them and cut it into a shape with your punches....Or just put them on your page as is....Just USE them! :)Now, if you don't have any Mrs. Grossman style stickers ANY flat stickers will work for this challenge. If you don't have any flat stickers but are one of those who is hoarding the 3-D style stickers then use THOSE! Alpha stickers work, too! :D

So, what do you think?? You have until Wednesday 12 midnight to upload your creations

Please come on over and have a play

Deb xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx