Sunday, October 7, 2018

Off the Rails Scrapbooking Reveal

Hello Friends

My reveal is live on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog today.

This month our challenge theme is Recycle/Reuse/Upcycle

I created an Art Journal page using items found around the home.

I rummaged through my kitchen pantry cupboard as well as other hiding places in my home and came up with a collection of items to use:

I also had a paper napkin on my scrapping desk which I treated with some Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals to create a background piece:
And finally decided to use some Food colourings for colour over the top of all my bits and bobs.

I started my gluing my coloured napkin into my journal with Matt Medium.  Whilst it was still wet, I started placing my recycled objects onto the page.  I added more matt medium over the top and set aside to dry
When dry I added a coat of white gesso with a dry brush.
When this was dry, I sprayed some water onto the page and started adding the food colourings.  I sprayed the colours with more water and dried each colour before adding the next.  I finished with a light spray of Dylusions Laid Back Lilac ink spray.

I hope you can join us this month.  It really is amazing what you can find to use on a project.

I am really looking forward to seeing yours!!

Thanks for stopping by today, I really hope you find time in your busy month to join our challenge

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx