Thursday, November 16, 2017

Scrap Matrix Guest Designer Reveal

Hello Scrappy friends, I am so excited to announce that I am the November/December Guest Designer at Scrap Matrix - much excitement to be amongst such talented ladies


I must say a huge thank you to Vicki and the girls for making me feel so welcome. 
I have a step by step process for you of the layout I created with the fabulous 7 Dots Dreamscapes kit I received for the November challenge.  I have added some items – all available from the Scrap Matrix store so be sure to check out the supply list at the end of this novel, lol.





I began choosing  the papers and diecuts, etc, that I wished to use and taking a dauber top I placed it on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst in Cocoa Bean Copper, and inked all the edges of the tags, diecuts and background paper.  I also used this product to colour some of the string, which I had divided into strands to make it go further.  I also added some of the Lindy’s to the 2 flowers from the kit.   I had chosen a Steam Punk chipboard border and coloured this as well as a length of white mesh tape to finish off the embellishments for the layout.









Once I had all the bits coloured to my satisfaction, I took a Tim Holtz stencil -  “Measured” and using Colour Blast Colour Paste, stenciled across the middle of the background as well as the top left and bottom right corners.




Whilst I was waiting for this to dry, I placed the mesh tape in position over the stenciling, and then double matted my black and white photo’s.
To give more texture to my layout, I tore the photo mats using my steel ruler, instead of cutting them.  I like to look of straight cut edges mixed with torn edges.


I didn’t ink these edges.
Once the Colour Paste was dry (it really doesn’t take that long) I started assembling my layout, moving pieces around until I was happy with the result.  I then started sticking everything down with my trust Xpress it Double sided tape and Helmars Acid Free glue.









Before placing the photos onto page, I added foam to the mats to lift them off the rather busy background.

Now came time for the title and finishing touches.  I had some Chipboard Alphabets #1, and I used the Lindy’s to colour these, before adding Stampendous Embossing Ink and Embossing Enamel.  Because the enamel is so thick you couldn’t see the colour under, so I splashed some Lindys over the top.




I added the title to my layout and finished with some 13 @rts Gold Glitter Ayeeda Ink, and some splatters of the Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst from Lindy’s, and finally some Vicki Boutin word and phrase stickers.

My finished layout:



And some close-ups:












Supply list from Scrap Matrix:

I hope my layout has provided some inspiration. 
I will be back later in the month with another layout  xx

Thank you so very much for stopping by today, please let me know what you think

Deb xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx